I need to write these down and think some more about these. I am essentially in agreement with the principles.
- Public Policies must be at their core fiscally responsible/conservative
- Ruthlessly end corruption/cronyism/ethic-less-ness in GOV
- Preference for Individuals and Markets over Central Planning
- Yes for Free Markets and Entrepreneurial Capitalism; no for Crony Capitalism
- Federalism…more please.
- Reduced complexity and quantity of GOV laws, regulation, and programs.
- America doesn’t need to apologize or be ashamed for being America
- Remember and follow the principles in US Constitution, e.g:
Government of the people, by the people, for the people”
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed…
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
- Rollback (not just reduce the speed toward) the march to a Nanny-State/Proto-State-Capitalism|Neo-Socialist state. [updated/added 9/26/2010]