How about this idea for 4 year plan:
- 4% across the board income tax surcharge for all taxpayers regardless of income bracket
- 4% across the board reduction in real spending (not projected increases in funding) for year one
- In each subsequent year, total real spending has to decrease an additional 4% (it doesn’t have to be 4% across the board though)
- At the end of 4 years, the income tax surcharge expires automatically
- If in any year, total real spending doesn’t decrease 4%, the Income Tax surcharge is suspended
- If in any year, total real spending doesn’t decrease by 4% the permanent base pay of members of congress, congressional political staffers, POTUS, VPOTUS, and executive branch political staffers decreases by 4%
Its better then the cliff. Also a “4 year” plan sounds like a “5 year” plan so the lefties should like that. I think Instapundit’s ideas should be included as well.
Call it the Purpleslog 4 x4 x 4 Plan.