…feel free to crib, comment, add to, or criticize them. I needed to to do a brain dump.
– Dump SOX
– Dump Dodd-Frank
– POTUS should grant 30-year waivers for Obamacare to all businesses and organizations and instead work to implement something like this
– Lease out and/or sell idle governement assets through dutch auctions
– POTUS should sign existing but unsigned Free Trade Agreements
– Smack down the NRLB. Defund it immediately.
– Defund the Lemonade stand police. Reduce aid to municipalities who go after kids Lemonade stands by the fund equivalent to 2 Police officers, 1 police supervisors, 1 alderman, 1 mayor, and 1 city attorney. This won’t create jobs but it will send a good anti-statist message. It will also make me feel better.
– Hands-off Gibson Guitars. Reduce the budget of those parts of USGOV going against it.
– Freeze regulations. No more regulations for 48 months.
– Publish the real debt numbers
– Freeze non-defense hiring for 24 months
– Raise small claims court limits
– Cheap plentiful / multi-source energy
– Instant green cards with fast track citizenship path for STEM-related Phd for foreign students graduating from US Universities.
– “Double the exemption numbers for small businesses: that is, whatever regulations you are exempt from by dint of having 10 or fewer employees, you will now be exempt if you have 20 or fewer; similarly for larger numbers. The regulations will still apply, but the exemption numbers are doubled.” [Jerry Pournelle ?]
– Implement modern fraud detection technology into all Federal billing and financial systems and increase OIG Forensic Accounting capabilities
– US Trade Systems should move to Free-but-not-a-sucker Trade with Tit-fo-Tat Tariffs
– Create five regulatory rollback commissions (National Security, infrastructure, Agriculture, Human Resources, Other) to present to congress (on an up and down votes only) regulations to repeal.
– Replace “base-line” budgeting with “zero-based” budgeting.
– Require all spending to be authorized regularly by Congress.
– Switch to 2-year budgeting
-Congress should establish a special Joint Committee on USGOV size reduction
– Tort reform – Basically loser pays and caps on damages
– prize for moon base
– prize for mars base
– prize for orbital habitat X 3
– Patent Reform: no software or process patents, crowd sourcing for prior art, late career path as HR source for Patent Examiners, fully funded
– only tax corps on us income
– tax holiday for repatriation for return of overseas profits
– amnesty for tax cheaters (they pay tax +$100 processing fee and sign
– no permission needed t start a sole proprietorship
– Reduce size and scope of USGOV
– Adapt Zubrin flex-fuel mandate for vehicles
– Moratorium on (or ceiling percentage) IVY League grads at high levels in USGOV!
– Start up Lean Six Sigma Programs throughout the Federal Government (Put Jack Welch in Charge) [This is Newts idea from a Debate
– reverse federalization of local/state crimes
– Create EOPOTUS ombudsman to identify and begin to reverse
– All future legislation should have sunset clauses
– A sort of SUper IRA to replace pensions and Social Security
– A Flat-ish Income tax with low-to-zero deductions and no AMT to replace the current systems
– Balanced Budge amendment
– Reform Fed to have two missions: Sound Money and use rule based inflation targeting
– immigration reform: Secure borders, migrant guest worker program
– Dramatically Rein In The EPA
– Reform The FDA By Streamlining The Testing And Approval Process
Filed under: Public Policy | 1 Comment »